Are you facing the error “Can’t remove a Bluetooth device” on Windows 11? If yes, then you are not alone. Many users have reported this issue. But don’t worry, we have got you covered. In this article, we will show you how to fix the “Can’t remove a Bluetooth device” error on Windows 11.
How to fix the “Can’t remove a Bluetooth device” error
If you’re having trouble removing a Bluetooth device from your computer, don’t worry! There are a few different ways to fix this error. First, try restarting your computer. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling your Bluetooth drivers. If those solutions don’t work, you can try resetting your Bluetooth connection or deleting the device from your registry.
Method 1: Update Drivers
If you’re seeing the “Can’t Remove a Bluetooth Device” error message, it’s likely because your drivers are outdated. To fix this, you’ll need to update your drivers.
There are two ways to update your drivers: manually and automatically.
Manually updating drivers requires time and patience. You’ll need to find the right driver for your device and operating system, then download and install it.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your devices. You don’t need to know anything about drivers or computers to use it.
Just follow these steps:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also update your drivers manually without using Driver Easy, but it’s more complicated.
To update your drivers manually, you’ll need to find the right driver for your device and operating system, then download and install it.
If you’re not sure which driver to download, you can use the Driver Easy Driver Update Utility to scan your system for outdated or missing drivers.
Once you’ve found the right driver, follow these simple instructions to install it.
1) Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
2) Unzip the file to a folder on your computer.
3) Double-click the .inf file.
4) Click Install.
5) Follow the instructions on the screen.
6) Restart your computer.
Download and Install Smart Driver Care Utility Tool
If you are facing the “Can’t Remove a Bluetooth Device” error on your Windows 11 computer, then you can try downloading and installing the Smart Driver Care utility tool. This tool can help you update all your outdated and missing drivers with just a few clicks. Once you have updated your drivers, restart your computer and try removing the Bluetooth device again.
Method 2: Restart the Bluetooth Support Service
1. In the first step, you need to open the Start menu and then type services.msc in the search bar.
2. Now, locate the Bluetooth Support Service from the list of services and then restart it.
3. Once you have restarted the service, try to remove the Bluetooth device again and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
If you’re still having trouble removing a Bluetooth device after trying the above methods, you can try running the Bluetooth troubleshooter. This troubleshooter is designed to help fix common Bluetooth problems on Windows 10 computers.
To run the Bluetooth troubleshooter:
1. Go to Start, then type “troubleshoot” into the search box.
2. Click on “Troubleshoot” from the search results.
3. Under “Get up and running,” click on “Bluetooth.”
4. Click on “Run the troubleshooter.”
5. Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.
Method 5: Run the SFC Command
If you can’t remove a Bluetooth device from your Windows 11 computer, you may be able to fix the problem by running the SFC command. The SFC command is a Windows utility that can scan for and fix corruptions in Windows system files. To use the SFC command, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu.
2. Type cmd in the Search field.
3. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
4. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
5. Wait for the scan to complete. If any corruptions are found, they will be repaired automatically.
6. Restart your computer and check if the problem has been fixed.
1. Check if the Bluetooth device is turned on and connected.
2. If you’re trying to remove a wireless speaker or headphones, make sure they’re turned off.
3. In the Devices section of Settings, select the device you want to remove, then select Remove device > Yes.
4. If you can’t find the device you want to remove, try restarting your PC and looking again.
5. If you still can’t remove the device, it’s probably because it’s still in use by another program. Try closing any programs that might be using the device, then try removing it again.
Thanks for reading this guide on how to fix the “Can’t Remove a Bluetooth Device” error on Windows 11. We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to successfully remove the Bluetooth device from your computer. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.