After you’ve installed Windows 10, there are a few things you should do on priority. First, you should check for updates and install them. Second, you should configure your privacy settings. Third, you should add your accounts. And fourth, you should customize your settings.
Prioritizing What To Do After Installing Windows 10
After you install Windows 10, there are a few things you should do on priority in order to get the most out of your new operating system. First, you should personalize your settings. This includes things like setting up your preferred language, choosing your privacy settings, and customizing your desktop. Second, you should install any updates that are available. These updates can help improve performance and security, and they can also provide new features. Third, you should install any drivers that are available for your hardware. These drivers can improve performance and stability, and they can also provide new features. Fourth, you should install any applications that you need. These applications can improve productivity and provide new functionality. Finally, you should back up your data. This will help protect your data in case of problems with your computer.
Turn on System Protection
System Protection is a feature in Windows that allows you to create restore points, which are essentially snapshots of your system at a given point in time. These restore points can be used to roll back your system to a previous state in the event of a problem, and can be a lifesaver if something goes wrong.
To turn on System Protection, head to the Control Panel and search for “System Protection.” Click the “Create” button under the Protection Settings section and give your restore point a name. Once you’ve done that, System Protection will be enabled and will create restore points automatically from now on.
Check Windows Defender
Windows Defender is a security program that comes pre-installed on Windows 10. It helps protect your PC from malware and other threats.
After you install Windows 10, it’s a good idea to check that Windows Defender is working properly. To do this, open the Windows Defender Security Center and make sure that the status is set to “On.”
If you see a message that says “This app is turned off,” click “Turn on now” to turn on Windows Defender.
You can also click “Scan now” to scan your PC for malware. If any malware is found, Windows Defender will remove it.
Limit Your Notifications
1. Windows 10 comes with a new feature called Notifications. This allows you to see notifications from your apps and system in one place.
2. To limit your notifications, go to Start > Settings > System > Notifications.
3. Here you can choose which apps can send you notifications, and how those notifications are displayed.
4. For example, you can choose to see notifications on the taskbar, in Action Center, or both.
5. You can also choose how many notifications you see at a time, and whether or not you want to see app icons on your notifications.
6. By default, Windows 10 will show notifications from all apps. But you can turn off notifications for specific apps by toggling the switch next to them.
7. If you want to completely disable notifications, you can do so by selecting the “Do Not Disturb” option. This will silence all notifications until you turn it off again.
8. Notifications can be useful, but they can also be disruptive. By customizing your notification settings, you can take control of when and how you see notifications.
Protect Your Machine With A PIN Login
One of the first things you should do after installing Windows 10 is to set up a PIN login for your machine. This will help protect your machine from unauthorized access and will also make it quicker and easier for you to log in.
To set up a PIN login, go to the Start menu and click on the Settings icon. In the Settings window, click on Accounts and then select Sign-in options from the left-hand menu. Under the section labeled PIN, click on the Add button.
Enter a PIN of your choice and then click on the OK button. You will be asked to enter your PIN again to confirm. Once you have confirmed your PIN, you will be able to log in to your machine using your PIN instead of your password.
Set Default Apps
There are a few things you should do on priority after installing Windows 10. One of them is to set the default apps. By default, Windows 10 comes with a set of apps that you can use. However, you can change these default apps to the ones that you prefer.
To set the default apps, go to Start Menu > Settings. In the Settings window, click on the System icon. In the System window, click on the Default apps tab. In the Default apps tab, you will see a list of apps that you can set as default.
For example, you can set the default web browser to Microsoft Edge, the default email client to Outlook, and the default media player to Windows Media Player. To set an app as default, click on it and then click on the Set as default button.
You can also set the default apps for specific file types. For example, you can set all .html files to open in Microsoft Edge. To do this, go to Start Menu > Settings. In the Settings window, click on the System icon. In the System window, click on the Default apps tab. In the Default apps tab, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Choose default apps by file type link.
In the Choose default apps by file type window, scroll down to the .html file type. Click on the Microsoft Edge icon and then click on the Set this program as default button.
Resize the Start Menu
The Start Menu in Windows 10 is a great way to quickly access your most used apps and files. However, it can be a bit too large for some users. If you find yourself wanting to resize the Start Menu, there are a few things you can do.
To resize the Start Menu, first click on the Start button in the lower left corner of your screen. Then, click on the Settings cog. In the Settings window, click on the Personalization category. Under the Personalization heading, click on the Start tab.
In the Start tab, you’ll see a few options for customizing the Start Menu. First, you can choose between a Start Menu and a Start Screen. If you want to resize the Start Menu, you’ll want to choose the Start Menu option.
Next, you can choose how many recently used apps to display in the Start Menu. You can choose to display between 0 and 20 recently used apps. If you want to resize the Start Menu, you’ll want to choose a lower number here.
Finally, you can choose how many columns of tiles to display in the Start Menu. You can choose between 2 and 4 columns. If you want to resize the Start Menu, you’ll want to choose a lower number here.
Once you’ve made your changes, click the Apply button. Your changes will be saved and the Start Menu will be resized.
1. The first thing you should do after installing Windows 10 is to personalize your settings. This includes setting your preferred language, time and date format, and choosing your default apps.
2. Another thing you should do is to create a backup of your important data. This can be done using the built-in backup tool or a third-party backup solution.
3. It’s also a good idea to install any updates that are available for Windows 10. These updates can help improve performance and security.
4. Another thing you may want to do is to customize the look of your desktop. This can be done by changing the wallpaper, theme, and other settings.
5. Finally, you should take some time to familiarize yourself with the new features in Windows 10. This can help you get the most out of the operating system.
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. And if you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends and family!