If you want to change the name of your Bluetooth device on your Windows 10 PC, there are a few ways to do it. You can change the name in the Bluetooth settings, in the Device Manager, or in the registry.
Fun Facts On Bluetooth
Did you know that the average person checks their phone about 46 times a day?
Or that the first text message was sent in 1992?
What about that Bluetooth is named after a 10th century Danish king?
Here are some fun facts about Bluetooth that you may not have known!
1. The name “Bluetooth” comes from a 10th century Danish king named Harald Bluetooth. Harald was known for uniting Denmark and Norway, and the Bluetooth logo is a combination of his initials.
2. The Bluetooth SIG (Special Interest Group) is made up of over 30,000 companies.
3. The very first text message was sent in 1992. It said “Merry Christmas” and was sent from a computer to a cellphone.
4. The average person checks their phone about 46 times a day.
5. Bluetooth technology was first used in 1994 in a cell phone.
6. The first Bluetooth headphones were released in 1999.
7. In 2010, the Bluetooth SIG introduced Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) which is designed to use less power and be more compatible with a variety of devices.
8. As of 2018, there are over 5 billion Bluetooth devices in the world.
9. Bluetooth 5.0 was released in 2016 and it has twice the range and four times the bandwidth of Bluetooth 4.0.
10. The Bluetooth SIG is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington.
Steps on How to Rename the Bluetooth Device Name on Windows 10 PC
If you want to change the name of your Bluetooth device on Windows 10, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Go to Start > Settings > Devices.
2. Select the Bluetooth & other devices tab on the left.
3. Select the device you want to rename from the list and click on the Rename button.
4. Enter the new name for your device and click on the Save button.
That’s it! You have successfully changed the name of your Bluetooth device on Windows 10.
Method 1 Change The Bluetooth Device Name Through The Settings
There are two ways that you can change the name of your Bluetooth device on Windows 10. The first is through the Settings app and the second is through the Bluetooth settings in Control Panel.
To change the name of your Bluetooth device through the Settings app, do the following:
1. Open the Settings app by clicking the Start button and then clicking the Settings icon.
2. Click Devices.
3. Click Bluetooth & other devices in the left sidebar.
4. Click the name of your Bluetooth device under the “Bluetooth” heading.
5. Click the Rename button.
6. Type a new name for your device and then click the Save button.
To change the name of your Bluetooth device through the Bluetooth settings in Control Panel, do the following:
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Click Hardware and Sound.
3. Click Devices and Printers.
4. Right-click the name of your Bluetooth device and click Rename.
5. Type a new name for your device and then click the OK button.
Method 3 Change The Bluetooth Device Name Through The Device Manager
If you want to change the Bluetooth device name on your Windows 10 PC, you can do so through the Device Manager. Here’s how:
1. Go to Start > Settings > Devices.
2. Click on Bluetooth & other devices.
3. Click on the device you want to rename.
4. Click on the rename button.
5. Enter the new name for your device.
6. Click on the rename button to save the changes.
1. Go to your Start Menu and select “Settings”.
2. In Settings, click on the “Devices” tab.
3. On the Devices page, click on the “Bluetooth & other devices” tab on the left hand side.
4. On the right hand side, under the “Bluetooth” section, you will see a list of all the devices that are currently paired with your computer.
5. Find the device that you want to change the name of, and click on the “…” button next to it.
6. In the pop-up menu, select “Rename”.
7. Enter the new name that you want to use for your device, and click on the “Rename” button.
Your device’s name will now be changed!
Thanks for reading our blog post on ways to change your Bluetooth name on Windows 10 PC! We hope that you found this information helpful and that you are now able to change your Bluetooth name with ease. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.